INTERCITI Customer Service
TERMS ＆ CONDITIONS
Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
This is intended to define the basic terms and conditions for the use and procedures of the Internet Online Service (hereinafter referred to as “service”) provided by Hotel Interciti (hereinafter referred to as “Company”).
Article 2 (Efficacy and Change of Terms and Conditions)
- ① These terms and conditions shall be effective when posted on the service menu by the Company.
- ② The Company may change the contents of these terms and conditions, and the changed terms and conditions shall be effective by notifying them in the same manner stated in Clause 1 above.
- ③ Customers with a membership service may stop using the service and terminate the service contract if they do not consent to the changed terms and conditions. Continued use of the service after the effective date of the terms and conditions shall be deemed as consent to the change of the terms and conditions.
Article 3 (Rules Other than the Terms and Conditions)
Any matters not stated in the terms and conditions may be applied to other relevant rules stipulated in the Telecommunications Basic Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, and other relevant rules and regulations.
Article 4 (Definition of Terms)
The definitions of terms used in these terms and conditions are as follows.
- ① Member: A person who has entered into an agreement with the Company to receive services or has obtained a user ID
- ② ID: A combination of letters and numbers determined by the member and approved by the Company for the purpose of the member’s identification and service
- ③ Password: A combination of letters and numbers determined by the member to protect the confidentiality of the member and to confirm whether the member matches the ID granted to the Member
- ④ Termination: A sign of one’s intention to terminate the service contract after a company or a member begins the service
Chapter 2. Service Use Contract
Article 5 (Establishment of Use Contract)
A use contract shall be established upon the approval of the Company for the application of the terms and conditions by the service applicant.
Article 6 (Application for Usage)
- ① In order to apply for and use the service, all user information required by the Company in the application format shall be recorded.
- ② All user information recorded on the application form shall be deemed actual data. Users who failed to enter a real name or actual information may not be protected under the law and may be subject to limited service.
Article 7 (Approval of Application)
- ① The Company shall accept user applications for the service use pursuant to Article 6, with the exception of
cases 2 and 3.
- ② The Company may suspend the approval of the application until the reasons for restriction of approval, stipulated as follows, are dissolved.
- a. In the case where the capacity of service-related facilities is insufficient.
- b. In the case of technical difficulties.
- c. When the Company deems it to be necessary.
- ③ The Company may not approve the application if it falls under any of the following
- a. When the service is applied for using another person's name.
- b. When false information is used for the service application.
- c. When it is applied for with the purpose of harming the social order or morals.
- d. When it is not able to meet the requirements prescribed by the Company.
Article 8 (Change of User Information)
If a user changes his or her information completed at the time of application, the user shall correct the completed information online, and users shall be liable for any problems incurred by not changing the information.
Chapter 3. Obligations of the Party
Article 9 (Obligations of the Company)
Hotel Interciti does not collect personal information of children under the age of 14 in principle. However, if we need to collect personal information of children under the age of 14, we will comply with laws and regulations.
- ① The Company may not disclose or distribute the personal information of the members acquired for service provision without the prior consent of the user, except for cases falling under Clause 1 listed as follows.
- a. If there is a request from a national agency pursuant to rules under regulations such as the Telecommunications Basic Act.
- b. If it is intended to be used for a criminal investigation or if there is a request from the Korea Internet Safety Commission.
- c. If there is any other request pursuant to the procedures set forth in other relevant laws and regulations.
- ② To the extent in Clause 1, the Company may create and use statistical data on the personal information of all or some of its members for work purposes and may transfer the computer cookies of the members through its service. In this case, members may change the settings of the computer browser to warn about or deny the receipt of cookies.
Article 10 (Obligation of Members)
- ① Members shall not engage in any of the following acts when using the service.
- a. Misuse of other member's ID.
- b. To copy, reproduce, translate, use for publishing or broadcasting, or provide the information obtained from the service to others without prior consent from the Company for purposes other than the member's use of the service.
- c. Acts of infringement of the copyrights of the Company and others, and other rights.
- d. Distributing to others information, sentences, shapes, etc. that violate the social order and morals.
- e. Acts that are intended for criminal purposes or objectively considered to be related to criminal activities.
- f. Any acts violating other related laws.
- ② Members shall comply with related laws and regulations, matters stipulated in the terms and conditions, service use instructions, and precautions.
- ③ Members shall comply with the use restrictions either posted on the announcement page or separately notified by the Company.
- ④ Members may not use any services for profit without the prior consent of the Company.
Chapter 4. Service Provision and Use
Article 11 (Obligation of Members for ID and Password Management)
Members shall take full responsibility for managing their IDs and passwords. Members shall take full responsibility for any consequences arising from the careless management and misuse of IDs and passwords. Members shall notify the Company of any misuse of their IDs or other security violation issues.
Article 12 (Provision of Information)
The Company may provide the members with various kinds of information deemed necessary while using the service by e-mail or regular mail, and members who do not want the service may deny the receipt of information on the sign-up tab and change information tab.
Article 13 (Transaction with Advertiser)
The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the results of the member's participation or transactions on sales promotional activities of the advertisers posted on the service or promoted through the service.
Article 14 (Member's Posts)
The Company shall not be liable for any contents posted, published, or delivered by e-mail or other methods, and the Company shall delete the contents without prior notice if they fall under one of the following cases for each Clause.
- ① When slandering other members or others, violating privacy, or defaming others by slandering
- ② When causing difficulties or when there is concern about the stable operation of the service
- ③ When the content is deemed to be related to criminal activities
- ④ When contents violate the intellectual properties of the Company or others and other rights
- ⑤ When the posting period prescribed by the Company is exceeded
- ⑥ When it is considered to be in violation of other relevant laws and regulations
Article 15 (Rights and Responsibility for Posts)
All rights and responsibilities, including copyrights to posts, are reserved to the members who created such posts.
Article 16 (Service Use Responsibility)
Members shall not engage in activities for profit such as selling illegal goods using the service, especially including hacking, advertisements for profit, commercial activity via obscene material, and illegal distribution of S/W for common use. The Company shall not be held liable for legal actions such as consequences or loss of business activities resulting from the aforementioned violation or arrest by related organizations.
Article 17 (Service Restriction and Suspension)
The Company may suspend or restrict a part or all of the services in the event of, or possible event of, wars, natural disasters, acts of God, similar national emergencies or any other force majeure such as telecommunications service providers terminating the telecommunications service pursuant to the Telecommunications Business Act. In the event of suspension or restriction of the service pursuant to the rules stipulated in Clause 1, the Company shall notify the members of reasons and restriction period without delay.
Chapter 5. Miscellaneous
Article 18 (Termination of Contract and Restriction of Use)
- ① When a member intends to terminate the use contract, the member himself or herself must apply to the Company for the termination of the contract.
- ② The Company may terminate the use contract without a prior notice and restrict or suspend a member's use of the service within a set period time if a member engages in one of the activities listed below.
- a. When a member steals another's service ID and password
- b. When the stable operation of the service is disturbed
- c. When intentionally distributing contents that harm the social order and morals
- d. When a member plans or implements the use of the service for the purpose of harming national or social interests
- e. When a member engages in activities that defame and give a disadvantage to others by posting and publishing contents that violate another person's intellectual properties, and by transmitting them by e-mail or other methods
- f. When continuously sending advertisements, e-mails, obscene materials, low-quality, threatening contents, etc. that are contrary to the recipient's intention
- g. When distributing computer virus programs and others and causing the malfunctioning of communication facilities or damaging information, etc.
- h. When a member infringes the intellectual properties of the Company, other members, or others
- i. When subject to a corrective action from an external organization such as the Korea Internet Safety Commission, and others, or when an authoritative interpretation is given by the National Election Commission in relation to an illegal election campaign
- j. When misusing others' personal information, user ID, and password
- k. When copying or distributing the information obtained by using the service provided by the Company without the prior consent of the Company, or using it for commercial purposes
- l. When violating laws and regulations related to electronic communication and others
- m. When violating related laws and terms and conditions prescribed by other companies, including these terms and conditions
Article 19 (Compensation for Damage)
The Company shall not be held liable for any damages incurred by the member in relation to the use of the service while the service is provided at no charge.
Article 20 (Indemnity Clause)
- ① The Company shall be exempted from liability for the provision of services in the event where the Company is incapable of providing services due to natural disasters or force majeure.
- ② The Company shall be exempted from any liability in the case of any difficulties in using the service due to reasons attributable to the member.
- ③ The Company shall be exempted from any liability in the case of a member's failure to receive expected profits from the service provided by the Company and for any losses incurred while selecting or using the service data.
- ④ The Company shall be exempted from any liability for information, data, accuracy of data, credibility, and contents provided by the member, and the member shall use the service under his or her responsibility, and all responsibilities shall be asked to the members in the case of any disadvantages incurred from posted or transferred data while using the service.
- ⑤ The Company shall be the mediator among members or between members and others. Thus, the Company shall not be liable for any product transaction, etc., and it shall be exempted from any liabilities for a member's expected profit while using the service.
- ⑥ Members shall be fully responsible for any loss incurred from a user's ID and password management and carelessness while using them, or any misuse by third parties, etc.
Article 21 (Competent Court)
In the case of a lawsuit filed in a dispute under these terms and conditions, the court falling under the jurisdiction of the Company’s address shall be the competent court.
(Effective Date) These terms and conditions shall be effective from September 23, 2011.